leaking plumbing pipe fix tips.
Leaking pipes can be caused by bad plumbing or just old and worn joints , on the other hand that simple picture hanging or D.I.Y job can some times land you in hot water (excuse the pun) if you inadvertently hit a hidden pipe also you might have a slow weep if you notice mould that started to grow under the sink or the walls. Whatever it may be, leaking pipes need repair. However, at certain points plumbers are not available. Therefore, www.mjgroofing.co.uk offers you helpful tips to repair a leaking pipe temporarily.
Depending on the leaking problem, here are some tips we can suggest:
1. First of all you have to turn off the water supply(it is always good to know the position of the stop cock and make sure it is working correctly) and make sure that you dry the leaking area then patch around the leak with rubber or plastic sealant .
2. Next, prepare the basic materials needed for the repair such as pipe repair tape, epoxy and pipe repair clips. All these can be available in your nearest local hardware store.
3. For a temporary repair you can cut off a small bit of garden hose and split it so it fits around the leaking pipe then clamp the 2 ends with small jubilee clips or strong zip ties .
This is not a total solution to the problem but a big help until a professional plumber is available to come and fix it.
4. Another is pipe repair tape, this is an efficient and fast sealant for repair. This is used for a low pressure leaks while waiting for a proper fix. On the other hand it is also economical.
5. Epoxy is available in two parts needing to be mixed together to create adhesive to make a leaking area hard when applied. After applying this solution, allow it to dry for an hour and then turn the valve on to check if the leaking stopped.
These ways definitely help you stop a leaking for the meantime. However, call a professional as soon as possible to make a proper repair. Contact www.mjgroofing.co.uk for maintenance. We offer various services suitable to your needs. With over thirty years in the roofing and maintenance industry we can provide the knowledge and skills to complete your work in good time and to a high standard. Call us or fill out the contact form to arrange a free no obligation survey and quote.